Travel in Belize
The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) has shared new entry requirements (see video below) that outlines the steps to be taken by visitors when traveling to Belize. On the February 15, 2022, the Belize Travel Health Insurance came into effect as a part of the mandatory requirements for entry to Belize. The insurance can be secured online at www.belizetravelinsurance.com for only $18USD providing 21 days of coverage. Visitors are encouraged to purchase the insurance prior to travel to ensure a quick entry process upon arrival in Belize.
The entry requirements video provides a brief overview of the health and safety measures visitors need to know before travel including immigration information, Covid-19 testing requirements and the insurance.
For more information about Belize’s entry requirements and health and safety travel information, kindly visit their website at www.travelbelize.org/health-safety/.
The government has worked hard to ensure both the locals safety as well as the safety of those visiting. For the latest travel updates to San Pedro, Belize click here. When outside the home, masks are required. Hand sanitation stations are everywhere. The Belize Tourism Board created “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition program to ensure Tour Operators, hotels, and restaurants did everything possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. These safety protocols are focused on enhanced tour operator sanitation practices, social interactions, workplace policies and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. The program introduces enhanced health and safety standards by adapting new behaviors to ensure both travelers and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of tour experiences. Tourism Gold Standard Tour Operators are those that:
- Have a “Gold Standard Program Manager” who implements protocols and ensures compliance.
- Implement Monitoring & Reporting – to conduct non-invasive temperature checks and utilize the Ministry of Health App.
- Ensure Social Distancing protocols for workers and visitors.
- Implement enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures such as increased disinfection of common areas, face masks, and personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, visitors, and guests.
- Have a response plan should there be any suspected cases.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with employees and guests.
- Have sanitation stations.
- Have digital technologies for transactions and online bookings.
- Implement a training plan for employees to ensure preparedness to manage new protocols.
Reel Women Fly Fishing Adventures operates through the Reel Belize tour operator license and you’ll find Reel Belize listed on the Gold Standard sites. Reel Belize hotel partners like, Pelican Reef Villas, have also achieved the Gold Standard status. We’ve got you covered with the safest travel options out there!
Prior to arrival, tourists must book a stay at a Gold Standard Hotel. A list of Gold Standard Entitles can be found here and is being updated daily.
Click here for latest updated Protocols for Traveling to Belize. Frequently Asked Questions.