We are thrilled to have guests coming back to San Pedro, Belize! The government has worked hard to ensure both the locals safety as well as the safety of those visiting. The locals have spent most of the last six months on lock down -not even a little fishing! We’ve had very few cases of Covid. When outside the home, masks are required. Hand sanitation stations are everywhere. The Belize Tourism Board created “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition program to ensure Tour Operators, hotels, and restaurants did everything possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. These new protocols are focused on enhanced tour operator sanitation practices, social interactions, workplace policies and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. The 9-Point program introduces enhanced health and safety standards by adapting new behaviors to ensure both travelers and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of tour experiences. Tourism Gold Standard Tour Operators are those that:
- Have a “Gold Standard Program Manager” who implements protocols and ensures compliance.
- Implement Monitoring & Reporting – to conduct non-invasive temperature checks and utilize the Ministry of Health App.
- Ensure Social Distancing protocols for workers and visitors.
- Implement enhanced cleaning & sanitization procedures such as increased disinfection of common areas, face masks, and personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, visitors, and guests.
- Have a response plan should there be any suspected cases.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with employees and guests.
- Have sanitization stations.
- Have digital technologies for transactions and online bookings.
- Implement a training plan for employees to ensure preparedness to manage new protocols.
Reel Women Flyfishing Adventures operates through the Reel Belize tour operator licence and you’ll find Reel Belize listed on the Gold Standard sites. Our hotel partners like, Pelican Reef Villas, have also acheived the Gold Standard status. We’ve got you covered with the safest travel options out there!