Reel Women Fly Fishing Adventures COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Reel Women Fly Fishing Adventure recognizes that COVID-19 has changed our policies and procedures for our RWFFA trips, schools and foreign travel. Please review our updated policy. This policy is dynamic in that we will keep it current as conditions change. We would like to thank our valued fly fishing friends for supporting our business and team members during these peculiar times.
We want to ensure to you, our angling guests, that we are doing as much as we can to create a safe and responsible experience for you. We become partners in our traveling fun. Adventurous anglers will be responsible for their health and RWFFA will provide the very best environment to support our angling guests on any of our RWFFA outings.
We are constantly working with both our fishing directors and guide staff to keep them up to date on policies and procedures regarding COVID-19. As cases are monitored each state and country offers their own law. Our website will stay current for any state closures or boundary closure for international travel. Please review our Global Rescue page and their links which addresses these concerns.
While traveling with a guide or shuttle driver:
- Face masks are required when traveling.
- Sanitize upon entering and exiting the vehicle.
- All vehicles are cleaned throughout the day with higher use areas being wiped down more frequently.
- Guides are cleaning boats daily and have hand sanitizer available both in their vehicles as well as their boats.
While with River Guides:
Transportation to and from the river is currently of our largest concern due to the time in the vehicles and the close proximities of occupants.
- Both guides and clients have the justification to choose to drive in separate vehicles in order to feel comfortable.
- We are asking that guests follow guides to the river takeout location and then transfer to the guide’s vehicle, masked up for the short 10 minute drive to the put-in.
- If guests prefer, their vehicle can be shuttled from the put-in for a flat rate of $50.00 and the car will be at the takeout at the conclusion of the trip.
Guides will be providing non-alcoholic drinks and providing lunches for Full Day guide trips unless clients would prefer to bring their own. We are requiring all of our guides to order pre-made lunches from a State licensed commercial kitchen/catering businesses. Guides will be the only ones allowed in the boat coolers.
While with Saltwater Guides in Belize
Belize Tourism Board recognizes the Gold Standard* for all Belize Tour Operators and Hotel/Lodge accommodations. Gold Standard guidelines will be the new standard for how tour guides practice safe guiding.
- Face masks are required when traveling in a taxi.
- Sanitize upon entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer will be available from every guide in addition to a complete first aid kit carried at all times.
- Only the guide will be allowed in and out of the cooler. Please be responsible for your own water bottle – asking for fresh refills.
- Guides are cleaning boats daily.
- Guides will remain responsible for terminal tackle – and use of any equipment needed. However, guides will teach without close contact with angling guest.
- Lori-Ann Murphy owns both Reel Women Fly-fishing Adventures and Reel Belize. In Belize the tour operator license for both companies is filed under Reel Belize and has Gold Standard recognition.
- Please refer to the following link for current information on customs processing, the Belize tourism app, the steps Belize has taken to ensure safety while you are here and other travel updates: https://belizetourismboard.org/news-and-gallery/belize-covid-19-travel-updates/
A private chef is hired for all schools or trips. Only the chef is allowed in the kitchen. There will be an orientation for each place from the fishing director for that trip. Some schools and trips will have food delivered, some will be in house.
All lodging is designed with space and safety in mind. See the specific school to trip for details.
Trip Cancellation Policy Modifications
Our cancellation policy has changed as a result of COVID-19. Those who are unable to travel due to stay at home orders, flight cancellations due to COVID-19, are concerned for their well-being or have become sick will be given the option of re-booking with a mutually agreed upon future trip or school for up to three years. This policy is valid for the remainder of 2021 and also 2022.
We are incredibly grateful for our angling guests and hope to see you all on one of our trips or schools this upcoming season. However, the safety of our staff and community is most important during these times. If anyone has any issues regarding these procedures please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
All the best,
Lori-Ann and The Reel Women Team
Standard Reel Women Fly-fishing Adventures Policies
Deposits & Cancellations:
A 50% deposit is required to hold both space and guides on all packages. No space or guide will be held without receipt of deposit. Full pre-payment is due at RWFFA 90 days prior to arrival.
In the event of cancellation your full deposit will be applied for any future RWFFA trip or school within three years. It is also transferable to another person up to three years. Every attempt will be made to find another RWFFA special fly-fishing experience for you.
Terms & Conditions
Changes by Reel Women Fly-fishing Adventures:
It is the intention of Reel Women Fly-fishing Adventures (RWFFA) to operate all trips and schools as advertised. The paying customer agrees to all terms and conditions of RWFFA as a contract of acceptance. RWFFA reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices described on our website and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value.
RWFFA will cancel the charter if it is unsafe to go out due to weather. In this case, a full refund will be credited.
RWFFA reserves the right to determine who travels or participates in all RWFFA schools and trips based on health conditions of participant. If you are contagious you may not attend.
All angling guests will provide RWFFA with any known allergies or special medical conditions. All angling guests agree to these conditions. Failure to notify RWFFA of any allergy or medical condition is a breech of this contract.
Changes by our Angling Guests:
Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed in writing by the person signing the booking form and must be accompanied by an administration fee of $100 US per booking in addition to any other costs the company, RWFFA may incur. Cancellation’s will be honored with rescheduling a new date within three years.
Bad Weather Days:
On bad weather days we still fish as long as it is safe. It’s up to the angling guest to decide if they can handle the conditions. RWFFA will reschedule during your stay if there is guide availability.
Angling guests are exposed to weather as they fish. We ask anglers to be prepared with brimmed hats, sunscreen, rain gear and waders as required. These items are noted with our pre-trip packing list provided upon deposit.
All angling guests agree that there will be elements of sun, wind and rain exposure and that they can handle these conditions. If at any time the angling guest requires special attention it is up to the guest to communicate this to the guide.